[pct-l] RE: JMT flip flop

Tortoise,
    My one arm reading glasses are probably lighter than any monocle.  Besides, I can't read the maps very well looking only through one eye and I never cared much about class when I'm hiking, only functionality.  I'm probably the shabbiest looking dog on the trail.  I have seen plenty of classy looking hikers in my days looking like they just stepped out of the designer's showroom all nice, spiffy and classy until they hit the wall and start crawling on the trail pleading for help.  Class and the wilderness don't seem to go hand in hand.  Now, a functional shabby dog, on the other hand, seems to be much more adapted to the environment.

                    JMT Reinhold