[BULK] - Re: [pct-l] New Hiking Standard------And a question...

A lot of ER incoming are wearing blaze orange vests too... Beer and
ammo- Think of it as Darwinian Evolution.

I don't wear camo. Never have. I'm not fashion conscious, but it looks
odd even on military uniforms. Functional for combat, I'm sure. But
unless your making an effort to go unnoticed, it's just kinda weird. I
don't see much high performance fabrics for backpacking products made in
camo patterns. Probably for good reason. Color/aesthetics are secondary
to performance/functionality when I select any particular piece of gear
(my pack is red. I don't like the color, but I love the pack.).

The other extreme is just odd, if not downright annoying. Only thing
worse than hiking all day to a campsite and finding a horde of people
there, is having the campsite looking like a glaring, multi-colored
parking lot tent sale. That's when I keep on hiking.

Now the question: I've heard that blue is the most visible color. That's
why it's one of the two colors of a police car's emergency lights. Is
this true?

P.s. - I've got one of Ron's Lunar Solos on back order right now. I
ordered  it in gray, cuz the green is a bit bright.

Oilcan