[pct-l] Dinosaur Truck Stop in Cabazon -- 4th Best Truck Stop

Gail and I ate at The Wheel Inn on our thru hike in 2003 and again while in
the area in May 2005. We found the food to be  plentiful, quite good and
reasonably priced but are surprised it is rated 4th best truck stop. Our
vote for the best truck stops would be all the Flying Js near I15 in Utah
and the Union Truck stop just NW of Kingman AZ where we had a great buffet
breakfast with fresh baked corn muffins before a 6 day trip in the Grand
Canyon.
Returning to topic (!), the best reason to visit Cabazon on a thru or
section hike is the Hadley's store about 2 miles west of the Wheel Inn on
the north side of I10. It has a great selection of fine breads, granolas,
dried fruits, nuts, trail mixes etc. We did most of our resupply from there
to head north to Big Bear supplementing a few items from the grocery store
in town nearer the Wheel Inn. (We chose not to go to Idyllwild on our thru
hike).
Further up the trail we phoned Hadley's 1-800 number and mail ordered some
more of their great products.
see http://www.hadleyfruitorchards.com/index.cfm
for further details.

Alistair and Gail
(just returned from 4 days ski touring in Jasper National Park where it
rained all night as high as 6500 feet on Christmas Eve!)