[pct-l] charity hikers

With utmost seriousness I greet ALL of you with Aloha,

Rhys, I too plan to hike and raise money for a charity
while I hike.  Jenn has offered good advice: contact
michael lissner, and Jenn may be able to offer you
help as well.  As my planning for this takes shape ove
the next few weeks, I'll keep posted (offlist).

I heard about the PCT about 2 years ago.  The last 14
months have seen me spend all my 'excess' cash on gear
and books, I've scoured websites about backpaking,
read trailjournals, kept up with this list, joined the
PCTA, planned and dreamed like a ..... like a hiker.
I'm hiking this trail because, as I read in the
communicator last night: The PCT calls, so I gotta go.

Rhys, I will offer this advice as well: try to set
things up so that when you start Your Hike, you don't
have to do anything but hike.

BTW, perhaps you've already posted WHEN you were
planning this, but i've read a gazillion posts since
then.  If you are an 06er, check out,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pct2006 .  Or just check
it out anyway.

Good luck,