[pct-l] lots of PCT related stuff

Junaid - Dude, I LOVE pecan pie. It's by far my favorite pie. Also - I'm not sure if you have already checked out thru-hiker.com and read about the efficiency of canister stoves over time. http://www.thru-hiker.com/articles.asp?subcat=2&cid=57  or the study that looks at mass of fuel used vs time to max temp until the canister is empty  http://www.thru-hiker.com/articles.asp?subcat=2&cid=42. May be helpful.

  Brian and I are also planning to take our canister stove..I can't remember where I heard this, but someone said that REI might ship canisters along the trail so you don't have to worry about all your resupply boxes going ground...if you are shipping boxes. I called snowpeak b/c they had done just that for a former thru hiker, but they informed me that they aren't doing that anymore. As far as places to buy them along the trail..not sure.

  I'll certainly say "hey!" to Eugene for you. Looking forward to having some pecan pie with ya on the trail!
  jackalope:)

Junaid Dawud <jdawud@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hey All,

Several topics today.

First-- I sparained my knee during the Honolulu
Marathon on Dec 11. Has anyone had any experience
with a physical therapist in regards to strengthening
and re-injury prevention. It is feeling mostly better
already, but I'd like to incorporate some
stretches/pt/strength training/whatever into my
'workouts' so as to make a %110 recovery and prevent
future injury.

Second-- Anyone who has thru or sectioned the trail
with a canister stove: Where were you able (and not
able) to find fuel? Also: how much did you use the
stove (1,2,3 times a day?), and at that rate, how long
did it take you to go through a canister? (I've been
trying to gauge a lot of this, but I live at sea level
so I know my results will be off.)

Third-- Custom orthotics: have you tried em? was it
worth it? I don't have any real foot problems, but
during a 2600 mi hike prevention sounds like a good
idea to me.

Fourth-- unobvious gear needs. I am only several
items away from having a 'completed' gear list. But
am I forgeting anything?? What are some of those
small, easy to overlook items that all of you carry?

Sixth-- Who likes pecan pie? I think its great. HA
got ya!

Thanks--------Junaid #41PCT2006

Jennifer Head

Ph.D. Candidate