[pct-l] ANWR drilling - BLOCKED!

The "permanent fund dividend," as it is called, is a bribe to the voters
of Alaska to support as much oil drilling as possible. In 2005 every
resident who had been living there for a year got $845.76--including
children. The "dividend" has been going down recently as oil
exploitation in Prudhoe Bay has diminished. Thus the pressure is on
Stevens and the other Alaskans in Congress to let companies drill for
more oil--wilderness be damned. The rhetoric about decreasing our
dependence on foreign oil is just a smokescreen. Here is a link to the
bribery--oops, dividend Web site:

https://www.pfd.state.ak.us/

Tom Griffin
Seattle