[pct-l] Holiday Cheers...

Holidays are an organic and evolving tradtion.  My
distant ancestors celebrated Saturnalia around this
time.  They would understand the need to have a
holiday in winter. But what would they think of their
distant descendats using Germanic customs to celebrate
the birth of a person born in the distant province of
Judea? And what's with this fat Turkish guy  wearing
red fur and using reindeers..how is that part of the
celebration?!?!?

I am sure 500 yrs from now there will be some sort of
winter celebration on this planet of ours. It may not
be named Christmas..but it will probably be there in
some form.

What has not changed about holiday celebrations is the
core truth. A chance to be with friends and family. To
celebrate and enjoy the life that you have.

Go to midnight mass, burn a yule log, pray to the
Goddess..whatever.

Just enjoy the holiday and what it means to you. It is
a time to celebrate. Has been for quite some time.
Sure it will continue to be.

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com