[pct-l] RE: Holiday Cheers

After my brother's death I couldn't bear to have a cut tree in the
house.  It is dead, after all.
 So for many years I bought potted trees and planted them in the yard
after Christmas.  The first one is now about 20 years old, about 30 feet
tall and about 20 feet in diameter out to the dripline.
The yard got a little crowded so I got a nice artificial tabletop tree
that suits my needs now that there are no kids in the house and
Christmas tradition is down to the bare minimum.
When I drive past a still-full tree lot on Christmas Day I am sad for
all the trees that were cut and didn't get to fulfill their mission in
life.  It's my fault--I didn't buy one.
Marion