[pct-l] Light Solo Shelter

This is about the lightest  freestanding 360 degree views solo shelter I have
seen (with the carbon fiber  poles).  Looks like it is just over 2 pounds.

_http://www.bigskyproducts.com/SummitShelters/SummitEvolution1Pdetails.htm_
(http://www.bigskyproducts.com/SummitShelters/SummitEvolution1Pdetails.htm)

I especially like the all netting  and viewability option (this is probably
all you need 98.452% of the  time).

I am a big advocate of not going  into the outdoors and then confining
yourself in a nylon prison.  You can  be "in" your shelter about 7-12 hours per day
(or about 25-50% of your  WHOLE trip time) depending on weather and your
schedule.  Why would someone  want to cut themselves off from what they came to
experience by hiding in a  solid wall shelter all that time?  I can understand
the need for  privacy on certain occasions, but that is extremely small.

But you see hundreds of solid wall  shelters along the trail every year, so I
must be wrong on this one.  Sorry  for the anti-solid wall shelter flame.

Your hiking buddy, Switchback
Trail Tree Hugger & 24-Hour  Nature Viewer