[pct-l] Hiking Your Own Hike

> "Hiking Your Own Hike" When I first heard that phrase, I assumed that they
> were just talking about going at your own speed. What I've realized they
> meant (or at least, I've realized this is what it means to ME) is that this
> is YOUR hike, plan it the way that feels right to you and don't just follow
> what everyone else is doing.

I also assumed that the guide books showed the "best" places to stop along
the trail. What I'm learning however, is that there are soooo many amazing
and wonderful places right along the PCT that aren't mentioned in ANY of the
guidebooks.

I've decided that I'm going to create my own resupply/town stop strategy
using the guidebooks as a reference, not a bible or a "how-to". (my fault I
know, but I just wanted to throw that thought out to y'all).

Case in point, check out this little gem, oh sure it'll blow my hotel budget
all to hell, but I think it would be worth it!
http://www.cedarcreektreehouse.com/ <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>