[pct-l] celebrities on the trail

I am guessing by "celebrities", we mean famous people
who are known outside hiking circles.

LINDA ELLERBEE section hikes the AT. In 1998, she
happended upon and older gentleman walking at a quick
pace. Talked to him, turns out is was Earl Shaffer.
She asked Earl "So what is the hardest part of your
hike?" Earl's reponse: "Reporters and their
questions!"

HOWARD DEAN did the Long Trail as a series of day
hikes when he was governor.
http://www.aldha.org/howdean.htm

Who knows..there may be others. Suspect they try to
remain anonymous, though. The only reason I knew of
Lidna Ellerbee was because she wrote a little blurb in
a book of Earl Shaffer's 1998 hike.

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com