[pct-l] Re: Hot Springs on and near the PCT

I think you already had Mono Hot Springs near Vermillion Resort and Lake
Edison.

There is also Blayney Hot Springs (natural unimproved springs you can soak
in) near Florence Lake and the  John Muir Ranch which is pretty close to the
Muir Trail (1 or 2 miles as I remember). From Muir Ranch you have to cross
the South Fork of the San Joaquin which is doable after late spring in most
years.

I believe there are also springs on the Muir Ranch property, but I think
they are not open unless you stay there.

Also, there is a hot spring with a bath tub for soaking next to the Kern
which can be reached by walking westward and southward on the High Sierra
Trail about 5+ miles from where it meets the JMT at Wallace Creek. I don't
know if it is worth the excursion, but you can get out of the hot water and
run into the cool Kern River, if you like.

Happy soaking,

Pieces