[pct-l] North magnetic pole is adrift

Most interesting topic indeed... Moreover, the reversal itself is not a
gradual event in geologic terms, but is catastrophic. The timing of these
rapid geomagnetic reversals happen to coincide with pronounced terrestrial
extinction events. The thinking is that the intensity of bombardment of the
earth by dangerous ionizing radiation increases manyfold during periods
where there is no magnetic polarity. The bulk of the radiation, normally
displaying its effects as the Aurora borealis and Aurora australis, is now
penetrating to the surface at lower latitudes where the majority of species'
ranges exist. And they thought we all were crazy back in the 70's for
actually worrying about ozone depletion.

Speaking of... Greg, where did you say we can view these dinosaur footprints
near Campo? ;)