[pct-l] Tai Chi & the PCT

Switchback wrote: "I am thinking of taking a Tai Chi  class and need some
advice."

Tai Chi - or any other martial art or exercise that teaches balance and
understanding of your body's position in space - should be an outstanding
component to hiking preparation.   I haven't had the opportunity myself to
take classes, but my soon-to-be 90-year-old mom has benefited tremendously
from it.  I've been doing other balance work & Pilates-style exercises at
the gym for two years and it's helped with stream crossings, log crossings,
etc.    Go with the Tai Chi & see what it does for you.

You have my own personal blessing to propagandize all you want about the PCT
and hiking.   FWIW, of course.  Probably not much.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached its top.  Then
you will know how low it was.
                                                                     Dag
Hammarskjold