[pct-l] PCT postage stamp!

How cool is this?  I want them too.  Of course they are 2 cents more than the price we pay for stamps today, but hey, it will be worth it.  BTW can anyone tell me what section of trail is depicted on the stamp?

Doc Holiday
"Trail postage geek."

> Wow!! Good Work David. This is damn great news. They
> do have the picture of the stamp up at:
>
> http://www.usps.com/communications/news/stamps/2006/images/woa11.htm
>

> I will be buying some sheets as well!
>
> ~~ Ryan
>
> --- David Plotnikoff wrote:
>
> > Greetings from a long-time list-lurker and
> > section-hiker.
> >
> > Did I somehow miss the initial announcement on this
> > during my 800 miles
> > sleeping out of doors this year or is this still
> > news?
> >
> > A PR Newswire release found on Google News and
> > originated by the USPS says
> > there's a PCT postage stamp slated for release at
> > some indeterminate date
> > next year, as part of a series of stamps on
> > superlative American natural
> > wonders (highest waterfall, deepest canyon, longest
> > river, etc.)
> >
> > The URL for the complete release is a choker, so
> > I've appended the relevant
> > snippet here:
> >
> > >Wonders of America: Land of Superlatives
> > > Forty natural and man-made wonders of the
> > United States are depicted on
> > >this stamp pane. These remarkable places, plants,
> > animals, and structures were
> > >selected from every region of the country.
> > > On the front of each stamp, in large letters,
> > are words that describe the
> > >superlative nature of a particular place or thing.
> > Smaller type gives the name
> > >or location of the featured wonder. Text on the
> > back of each stamp provides
> > >relevant statistics and other interesting
> > information.
> >

> > > Longest Hiking Trail: Pacific Crest Trail
> > > The Pacific Crest Trail is the nation's longest
> > continuous designated
> > >hiking trail, running for 2,650 miles from Mexico
> > to Canada, through
> > >California, Oregon, and Washington. It passes
> > through various climate zones
> > >and types of terrain and is open to foot and horse
> > travel only.
> >

> > Well, hooray for us. I'll take five sheets...
> >
> > DP

Postage goes up on the 8th of Jan to 39 cents so....

Bear

On 12/6/05, stewjohns@comcast.net <stewjohns@comcast.net> wrote:
> How cool is this?  I want them too.  Of course they are 2 cents more than the price we pay for stamps today, but hey, it will be worth it.  BTW can anyone tell me what section of trail is depicted on the stamp?
>
> Doc Holiday
> "Trail postage geek."
>
>--
Bear AKA Lawrence Beals