[pct-l] California Condors

Has anybody seen California condors from the PCT in Southern California?

I had the joy of seeing most of the newly-released condors near their
Vermillion Cliffs release site in Arizona a few years ago.  A similar
release of captive-bred birds has taken place in Big Sur, California.  I'm
wondering if some of those birds have ventured far enough inland to be seen
from the PCT.

For more information on the California captive release program, see:
<http://www.ventanaws.org/condors.htm>

For my 2006 NOBO PCT hike, I've just purchased a monocular, which has almost
as good optics as my fanciest and heaviest binoculars.  It's the Brunton
Macroscope:  Wide Angle 7 X 40, with focus adjustable from 18 inches to
infinity.  I'll carry it around my neck on the PCT, except in tricky
situations like fording or when the sky is falling.  I will also carry a
small REI Ultrapod II tripod, which I can attach to a trekking pole with its
velcro tape.  That will hold either a camera or the Macroscope.

Gizmo