[pct-l] Re: Backpacking Towels

I bought some microfiber towels at Sam's club today called "Detailers Best" imported by the Hometex Corporation of San Diego.  According to the label they are 80% polyester and 20% polyamide (whatever that is.)  I tested them at home already and they seem soft, absorbant, and fast drying with a terry cloth design. They are 16" x16" (256 square inches) and come in a 25 pack for $11.24.

The closest equivalent I could find at REI was Called the REI Camp Multitowel size small  measuring 23.5" x 11.5" (270.25 square inches,) 85% polyester, 15% nylon.  One cost $7.50.

Don't know if the quality is the same, but there sure is a difference in price, although now I have to figure out what I am going to do with the 24 microfiber towels I am not using for backpacking. They would make perfect golf towels except I don't golf anymore and 24 golf towels would probably be overkill anyway.

John Coyle