[pct-l] Section A San Felipe Hills 12-3 & 12-4-05

Hi to all
I hiked the San Felipe Hills on 12-3-05 and found the water cache at Y2K databook mile 91.7 or 13.6 miles from Highway 78 to be well stocked, I also found Barrel Spring to be flowing good.

It was a tad nippy over night past 94.4, the 1st PCTA project I worked on  from 91.7 to south of 94.4 a little over 10 years ago is fairing well, the brush doesn't grow very fast out there! Past 96.3 you encounter lots of "Desert Mallow"?, along with deer weed, chamise, and lemonade berry?, which is growing right on the trail, this is from the 2003 Pines fire, this continues off and on for about 4.5 miles until you reach the end of the 2003 joint PCTA/BLM/FS/SCA project 1 mile before Barrel Spring.

Over all my much dreaded San Felipe Hills hike was enjoyable, though I wouldn't reccomend an August start date!

Happy Trails
Trail90