[pct-l] peak mosquito season in Oregon

I've spent a lot of time over the last thirty years in and around
Three Sisters Wilderness and Odell Lake.  Lonetrail's advice is
good.  Mosquitoes get active with the snow melt and persist well into
August.  They like low, cool, wet and calm conditions, so you need to
camp high, hot, dry and windy.  I only drink lake water as a last
resort.  I took some water out of South Matthieu Lake when I was
there three years ago and treated it.  Yuck.  Creeks and springs are
very tasty, though.