[pct-l] wind shirt

On 12/1/05, Mark Wright <sparkymeister@gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw somebody on the PCT wearing a windshirt that looked like it
> wouldn't be really expensive. It was transparant (red or blue I
> believe) to compressed to about fist size.

If not really expensive is $80-100 then there are a number of wild shirts
like what you described. The first that comes to my mind is the Montbell's
UL wind shirt.  Assuming transparent isn't a goal, the the "cheapest" really
light weight wind shirt I know of is the montane featherlite which is $44
http://www.basegear.com/montanefeather.html

Personally, I like the Patagonia Hodini (at outlet prices... $135 list is
crazy) and the Outdoor Research Ion... but nearly every major manufacturer
has an ultralight windshirt.

--Mark