[pct-l] Warm Jacket

I'll probably be using two different jackets in 2006.
So far my first choice is the Mont-Bell UL Inner Down then the Mont-Bell
Thermawrap(synthetic fill) for wetter conditions if applicable.
Saw two borderline hypothermia cases this year in Washington.
I've tried them both on and hiked 400 miles with Inner Down (I love it
Donna!) in somewhat cold-night conditions.  Worked with my warmth system.
My wind shirt (3 oz) and pants (2.5 oz) are Mont-Bell UL (Tested 900
miles).  Total XL Wind and Warmth 3 pc combo(trio?) weighs 13-16.5 ozs
depending on which jacket I use.

Ultralight materials do call for a little handle with care.  They are part
of a warmth system strategy(base and medium under layers, Balaklava,
gloves, sleeping bag, ....... camping habits..... warm food.....and then
some.)  not stand alone items in my case.  5 oz Poncho added for moderate
rain.

BUT   Backpackinglight.com has announced a new Cocoon coming out this
Spring.  I assume less weight and substantially higher cost.
           Then there's next week, and the week after........

Right now a Mont-bell combo.

Warner Springs Monty

"inner down jacket," 725 fill, 5.9 oz. ($140) And, because the weight was
so low, I ordered the down pants too (also 5.6 oz).  Both are highly
compressible.  So, for 11.4 oz, I am gonna be so warm!!!  Check them out at:

> http://www2.montbell.com/america/asp/products/Spg_itiran.asp?cat=2001
>
> In my jacket research, I learned that anything over 700 fill is
considered "expedition warmth" quality.  The difference between 700-800 has
to do with compressibility.

> L-Rod

Windshirt :

> The Western Mountaineering Flight Jacket ?  Oooh, looks very bulky. It
doesn' t look as if it can be worn underneath the Windshirt.
> or
> The Ultra Ligth Down Inner Jacket ? I' m not sure if that one is warm
enough but nearly half the weight of the mentioned Flight Jacket.

> Sorry for this question - I know everybody has another "Temperaturrange"
for feeling comfortable. Nevertheless, I appreciate