[pct-l] Fw: warm jacket

----- Original Message -----
From: JoAnn M.
To: hochhut@web.de
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:21 AM
Subject: warm jacket

Hello Rita

National Geographic produces a magazine, ADVENTURE. In this month's edition, The Best of ADVENTURE, Winter Jackets (p.73) they compare three very warm jackets. All the way from REI's (15 oz) Gossamer @ $140 to Cloudveil's Down Patrol @ $295 650-fill down. But the middle one (in price) seems best to me: Marmot Tarn Down Sweater @ $225, 800-fill down (17 oz) and "shrinks to the size of an orange".

These all may be too warm but just decided to share. Have fun looking.

JoAnn

"Hiking has always filled me with both excitement and an unbelievable sense of calm."
Susan Wolven