[pct-l] Warm Jacket

I use, and like, the Feathered Friends Hyperion Down Jacket.  Very warm, light, compressible, blah, blah, blah.  The biggest advantage is that unlike my fleece friends, when I pull it out at the end of the day, I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I'll be toasty.  With a midweight top on, I've comfy down to below freezing.  Certainly enough for the PCT.  The WM jacket will be about equivalent, but you have more shell options on the FF jacket (standard, EPIC, eVENT, etc)

Don't worry so much about wearing it under something. You won't want to hike in it anyways, and if you're in camp you'll have a tarp to keep the rain off of you.  Bring a midweight thermal top or light pullover fleece with you into the Sierra and you'll be fine.

Suge
Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett