[pct-l] miles vs. kilometers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Goller" <jerrygoller@backpackgeartest.org>
To: <backpack@millhouse.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:12 AM
Subject: RE: [pct-l] miles vs. kilometers

> Just out of curiosity, how long do you have to wait for operations and
such.
> When I lived there it was months before you could be seen.
>
> Jerry

Well indeed the Brits and and particular the British press do like to whine
about how long you wait for an operation. But the brits just like to whine
full stop so the reality is somewhat different to the percived situation. In
an emergency its immediate surgry. In the case of cancer maximum 7 days from
diagnosis to operation.  Anything else (replacement hip for example) its 4
weeks from first seeing your local doctor to seeing a surgeon and then six
to eight weeks operation.

AndyL
DunRockin