[pct-l] miles vs. kilometers

Metric  is Un-American    Ground Pounder Bill    my 2 cents
----- Original Message -----
From: <dsaufley@sprynet.com>
To: "Sarah" <msarahm@cox.net>; <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] miles vs. kilometers

> I wonder if Myanmar uses miles because of the US involvement in building
the Burma Road during WWII.

> Best-selling author/editor/journalist Donovan Webster wrote about this
theater during the war in his book, "The Burma Road" which gets two thumbs
up from our corner.  Donovan has also written about the PCT in Smithsonain
magazine.  Amazing man, and an amazing look at history.  Reading it gives
incredible perspective and contrast  to travails encountered in hiking long
distance.  I only have to think of what those men went through to stop any
urge I have to whine.