[pct-l] Dehydrating Food

Another trick I've read for getting all the grease out of hamburger is to put
it in the colander in the sink and run hot water over it once you've got it
all browned & drained. Now personally I would think you'd have to add the
onions/garlic/salt/pepper AFTER the colander thing, or doesn't it all rinse out &
you get bland yucky gravel?

I would completely second the recommendation for the two Lipsmackin' books.
Everything I've made from there is a keeper, especially the main dish "salads"
in the first book. We had Army Rangers (vacationing to climb Half Dome)
drooling around the community campfire circle in Little Yosemite while we ate good
home-dried stuff and I think they were eating....snickers & crackers or
something. They said they want to marry girls like us who like to backpack & know to
bring good food :-)

Becki