[pct-l] Hiking for charity

Aloha everyone,

I posted this on the pct2006 yahoo group, hope all of
you can help as well.

Someone said something sometime about hiking for a
charity. I have been thinking about this and I would
like to give it a try. I don't have any real idea how
to go about setting it up.

One idea I had was to get people/companies to donate
some amount of money per mile of trail I actually
complete and perhaps a larger amount per mile assuming
I complete the whole thing ($1/mi if I finish or $
0.50/mi if I don't). But do I need to have a special
bank account set up (I kind of want to do a 3 way
split)? What's the best way to get people to
donate/pledge?

If any one has hiked for a charity before or will be
this year, your suggestions would be most welcome.

If this turns out to be relatively straight forward,
we may all be able to raise
small/modest/significant/large amounts of money for
our favorite charities at the same time.

It could become the year of the Charity Cases.

-------junaid #41PCT2006

http://mail.yahoo.com