[pct-l] Contact lenses

For 40 years I wore hard contacts and packed them, plus glasses on every
hike.  Also I took a pair of extra contacts as I always seemed to lose one.
A year and half ago I went in and had lasik surgery on both eyes.  What a
difference it has made to my life.  It does not matter how old you are or if
you have had cataracts taken off, it all depends on how good your corneas
are.  Mine were very good.

I did a trade off for the long distance vision and still pack a very small
lightweight pair of reading glasses (for map reading).
Just my experience,
Cheers,
Marge (the old gal)

O.K., I gotta know this...

What is the consensus regarding the use of contact lenses in the
backcountry
and on extended trips: