[pct-l] LuxuryLite Pack Preliminary Report

I got the pack Can'tQuit sent me.  It is a LuxuryLite pack she got at  the
April Kickoff at Lake Morena.  A couple of observations:

1.  I cannot find the frame with any super light carbon  construction.  This
must have been an all aluminum  test model.
2.  It has the heavier black cylinders and not the super duper light
cylinders.
3.  But still it is very light at about 2 pounds 3  ounces with seat pad and
3 cylinders, but without the front pouch set  up.  I would think the packs
with the carbon-aluminum frames and lighter  cylinders would be a little lighter.
4.  Feels good cruising around the park with 20 pounds total in the 3
cylinders.
5.  The directions say to test it out for several hikes and then use  the
front pouch too.
6.  I like the aggressive weight transfer to the waist area.  The  shoulder
straps are barely used for load bearing.
7.  I like the shoulder straps being wide apart on the upper  horizontal bar.
8.  I had to modify the waist belt to fit me.  This must have  been a special
small waist model for Can'tQuit :-).  I had a 2 inch wide  Velcro strap that
I easily added to the pack's 2 inch wide waist belt to give me  a little more
room.  Works great.
9.  I added some foam pipe tubing to the bottom so the pack frame so  it will
not rest on the ground.  I do not like my frame packs resting  directly on
the ground and getting dinged and dented.

I will add some reflective tape to the frame too.  I might take it on  the
big PCT Section E expedition coming up in November (snow permitting).   It is a
different pack with a different feel.

Later reports to follow.

Your hiking buddy, Switchback
Gear Gizmo & Paraphernalia Weenie