[pct-l] Trail Memories

Just a short story from the hike into the ALDHA-West Gathering several  weeks
ago.  Four of us were camping at Dick's Lake.  It was AsABat,  Can'tQuit,
TrailDad, and me, Switchback.  We are cooking food and talking  about gear, etc.

Now, I consider myself knowledgeable about gear, but not a super  expert.  I
can usually carry on a conversation with anyone about  gear.  TrailDad makes
this comment, "You know chiffon is a lot lighter than  nylon tent netting for
keeping bugs out.  About 1/3 the weight."

I was dumbfounded and speechless.  I have worked with tent netting and  know
how super light it is.  I thought to myself that when you are with  campers
that talk like this, you are at the extreme edge of hikerdom.  I  think I did
not say anything for the rest of the evening.

Your hiking buddy, Switchback
Trail Rascal & Camp Troll