[pct-l] Rodent Proof Container

We used our Ursacks for the entire trip in 2004 and they kept the mice
from nibbling on our food. (They did try but they seemed to like
shoelaces better!)  We did make one minor alteration to the bags before
we left.  We added another grommet opposite of the one that comes on the
bag.  We thought they came with two after seeing one that fellow thru
hikers Scott & Rachel Kimler (PCT 2002) showed us, but they must have
changed their design?  The second grommet allows you to seal up that
small hole that just cinching up a bag will leave.  If you make the
alteration, run the cord ends through the second grommet and when you
cinch it up it will 'fold' itself over the top opening making it a
little harder for Mickey to get to your food.

Taper Off