[pct-l] Super-Secrets - Hiking Poles serving extra duty . . .

Hi Steel-Eye
I use the same internal frame method with my GG Virga and Golite Jam as
well.  In addition I bring a luxury item: a 2.5-oz inflatable pillow.
Extra clothing in a stuff sack used to work, but I found over time the
lumps reduced the quality of my sleep.

Thus I do have something that, once inflated, supports me in "that area"
which regrettably seems to get more boney every year.  I was hoping for
something that didn't require me to have to sit cross-legged and stiffen
up in the legs during meal preparation, eating and/or reading (luxury #2
- reading about someone else's journey during my own, always seems to
enhance the experience for me).

My initial thought was bringing a piece of extra-strong (shock-cord ??)
tubing (stored in the Tarp-Tent sack) the length of my hiking poles
(once fully retracted), and by bringing the  3-"legs" together and
splaying them out, each upper section would fit (I use hiking pole
rubber tips) into a pre-sown pocket on the underside of strong (but
light) fabric fitted to my "shape".  The tubing would need to have a
rounded surface that could screw onto it so that the end didn't end up
poking a hole through the fabric pocket into which that "leg" would be
seated.

Some locking strap or long strip of 2-sided Velcro would hold the
3-"legs" together.

So even tho' I've described a general design, I hoped someone else had
taken something similar to a more workable level and I wouldn't have to
"reinvent the wheel."

When I do end up with something workable and at a reasonable weight,
I'll provide pictures and a schematic that others may access through the
photos section.

Thanks
JD