Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 07:57:16 EDT
From: Hiker97@aol.com
Subject: [pct-l] LuxuryLite Packs and Food Requirements
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: Rattlesnake5648@Yahoo.com, carolwbruno@yahoo.com

Does anyone have an opinion on the light external frame LuxuryLite? packs?? I
have seen them down at the April Kickoff.? See _www.luxurylite.com_
(http://www.luxurylite.com) .?

I know they are advertised as carrying a big load, but of course my base?
pack weight would be between 10-15 pounds.? My total pack weight for a week?
would be around 25-30 pounds.

Also, it seems that around 2 pounds per day for food is okay for section?
hiking the trail.? I get the impression that thru hikers need about? 2.5 pounds
per day due to the greater mileage everyday.? Of course? everyone's body
requirements are different, but I think this might be a rule of? thumb as far as
food requirements go.

Thanks.
Your hiking buddy, Switchback