[pct-l] White/Inyo mountains crest trail?

My daughter and I made a trip to the White Mountains and the Ancient
Bristlecone Pine Forest, we then followed it up with a trip over to Death
Valley and climbed Wildrose and Telescope Peak in the Panamint Range.
We spent a couple of days exploring the White Mountains and found it to be a
very enjoyable trip. We climbed White Mountain at 14,246 ft and camped two
nights above 12,000 ft. I was a little concerned about coming from near sea
level and spending a few days and nights at that altitude but we had no
problems. There is no real trail system except around the Schulman Center
and from the 'locked gate' to White Mountain Peak, which is not really a
trail but a four wheel drive road. We camped back at the car both nights so
water was no real concern, but from the topographic map it looks like you
could find springs along the entire ridge.
I plotted a trek in Topo! starting in Queen Valley near the
Nevada-California border going south following the main ridge down to
Westgard Pass on 168 and it looks like an exciting hike. It looks like there
may be some Class 3 travel. The program calculates it to be a gain/loss of
about 20,000 ft over 60 miles. From my experience the gain/loss is about
right on but the distance is off by about -20%, so it would be more like 70+
miles.
Humm, I will have to do this next year!!! Here is a link to pictures from
our trip:
http://www.dascalos.net/Outdoors/ODC/Images/WhiteMountain/index.htm
Enjoy,
Hike on, OC