[pct-l] Spirituality on the trail

One probably talks to "one's self" while on the trail solitary. Like a meditation I did in the past week or so, I had some dead time to kill, most people do things with dead time like watch tv, use drugs (are those 2 different?), use the internet, play a game, needlepoint, the list goes on. But I just sat there for 20 minutes. A conversation started, and a times there was "2-way" conversation. This could be brainstorming, talking to God, talking to the ubiverse, getting in touch with one's higher self, I think it all of the above or a combination thereof. There's nothing abnormal about it. I'm thinking, this is probably what people do while hiking solitary or with another when the conversation between people dies off and if you hike for 4 hours or more, conversation between people, especially when its only 2, will happen. Though, unless you're alone, the internal dialogue probably doesn't happen for fear of being perceived a nut and/or annoying the other.

Kraig