[pct-l] Spirituality on the trail

Personally, I give thanks to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for the creation before me. His noodley appendange does indeed touch us all. :)

 http://www.venganza.org/images/spreadword/havetouched.jpg

 Being serious (for a change. :D), Meadow Ed is right, initially. When you first meet people on the trail the discussions are not deep. You are getting used to the trail, the lifestyle, something new and unique. We did indeed have discussions about what color our urine was. (And where to eat, what to eat, what we hope to eat, what food is available where we plan on eating).

 But once you are use to the trail life the conversations can deepen. I tend to spend a lot of time hiking by myself. My internal dialogues often put me in a place where I find myself in a spiritual place. The creation before me makes me feel humble, and exalted at the same time.  (Except for one unfortunate day when I had a Bon Jovi song stuck in my head while crossing the desert.  It is what I get for hiking with a person all day who sang Bon Jovi songs..)

 Well, I have not had my moring coffee yet (it is brewing as I type), so that is deep as I am getting for now! :)

 The true harvest of my life is intangible.... a little stardust  caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched
 --Thoreau
 http://www.magnanti.com