[pct-l] 3 days food?

I'm considering taking a hike. Its for the joy of hiking as well as a spiritual journey. I don't expect everyone to understand the spiritual journey part. But, if you do, you do.

As a spiritual journey, it will be a solitary journey.

Here is my question, about food. How much food is neccessary for 3 days? I guess I won't be able to cook it if I go anytime soon, as I see, fires are currently illegal outside of "campgrounds".

What I want to do is, leave, with a backpack with 3 days worth of food, and return 3 days later. Maybe I should make it 4 days, 4 days would be easier to calculate than 3.

Will probably leave out of Big Bear.

What are your thought or advice?

Kraig