[pct-l] Scariest Sound

Sometimes what you really need to be scared of it what you cannot hear. Some
years ago I was camped near Lost Valley. About 2 in the morning I heard a
horse stomping through camp making very loud noises. Fearing being trampled,
as I was not in a tent, I got as close to a large tree as I could. The next
morning I awoke to find mountain lion tracks all around camp. That's what
had spooked the horse.

I had a similar experience camped on the shore of the Colorado River, but it
was coyotes chasing wild burros through camp all night.

AsABat