[pct-l] Scariest Sound

The scariest sound I've heard is something we heard probably half the nights on the CDT in 2004:     drip, drip, drip.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!  not rain again!  Once I go to sleep I'm usually out until dawn UNLESS it starts to rain.  Rain will scare me awake every time.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Jeff Moorehead <jeffmoorehead1@cox.net> wrote:
> Boom. boom, boom...soft...like a bass drum through cotton...and
> Skookumchuck = place of evil...haven't been there since and don't plan >to
> go
> back...we all lived through the night...but what was that sound...?

Great story! I can offer the following possibilities:

1. Stoners at a distant drum circle?
2. A racoon pounding a food can on a hollow log?
3. Geothermal activity below the surface?
4. Two dead, hollowish trees banging against each other in the wind?
5. Bigfoot pounding his chest?