[pct-l] bear boxes and burney falls

Speaking of people leaving stuff in bear boxes...

When I finished my trip at Burney Falls S.P. this July, I wasn't getting
picked up 'til the next day, so I procured a spot in the hiker/biker
camp (WAY the hell at the end of the campground!). Like all the sites in
this campground, this had bear boxes. The ones in the hiker/biker camp
were being used as a de facto hiker box. All sorts of food and other
supplies were in there. I wonder if this is because of past stories that
the store had been selling stuff out of the hiker box up there?
(stealing under any definition)

If you do go there, the store is worth avoiding. Their concession stand-
not a cafe at all- is horrid and priced like a movie theater concession
stand. IMHO, picking up a resupply is the only thing worth doing there.

So hikers, be sure to check out the "hikers' box" down in the
hiker/biker camp if you go through.

Judson
Ashland