From: Tortoise [mailto:Tortoise73@charter.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:00 PM
To: JoPH
Cc: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Sierra City to Belden/Belden to Old Station

 From my experience and thinking --

Instead rendezvous somewhere before starting the hike, exchange cars and
each group has keys to the car they are hiking to; (their own car).
   It's easy to miss the other party when planning to meet somewhere on
the trail -- one group takes an alternate route, gets temporarily lost,
takes a short side trip, whatever; and you don't meet. Also this way you
avoid the problem of ending your hike at different times and meeting up
afterwards to get back your own car back.

John

JoPH wrote:
> Ralph-thanks for the update on this section. We plan to hike Sierra City
> Belden over Labor Day (4 days?) and then if the weather doesn't close in,
> Belden to Old Station in early October. Can you, or anyone on the list
serve
> suggest a safe place to park at or near the trailhead in Sierra City,
Belden