From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
maurer@earthlink.net
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 5:09 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Re: Missing Hiker

Once my leg heals from my motorcycle accident I will continue to search
for John Donovan. I have kept fairly good notes on this topic and will
be traveling off trail, east of the trail section between Saddle Jct.
and the westerly turn at the top of the switchbacks. Might not be until
late fall by the time I'm able to hike again, but nonetheless I plan to
continue on searching off trail.

FYI.

Mike Maurer
Gossamer Gear

We were notified on Monday, August 8, by the Sheriff's Department that the
search efforts for John* have now been officially suspended.  Action has
been and will continue to be taken as necessary to follow-up on any leads or
information that might develop.  John could be recovered tomorrow, never, or
sometime in between - there is just no way to know and only time will tell.

Suffice it to say, it's a very emotional and difficult time for everyone who
loved him and considered him a friend.

K. (inca)

*John "Seabreeze" Donovan - last seen May 3 at Saddle Junction on the PCT in
the San Jacinto Mountains