[pct-l] favorite spring?

Two years ago hiking north of Kennedy Meadows on a hot, hot summer afternoon,
ran out of water before the small pass heading into Monache Meadows, river in
sight, mouth is dry, apples satisfy for a moment, head off trail upon seeing
a reflection and find a spring coming right up out of the sand at the foot of
the hills and the meadow with cow pies and cattle all around.

I cleared the area around where the cool, fresh water was emerging.  I let
the muddy water clear with the new water.  I then dipped a cup into the water
and immediately these long thin white worms emerged from the sand!  I carefully
avoided them and all of the five of us drank until we felt completely
re-hydrated.

None of us got sick and the water was the best tasting, coolest, cleanest
water that my memory has the pleasure to recall.  Of course, the circumstances of
finding any spring taint the bias of the taste and quality.

Greg