[pct-l] Rain and the Mataguay Connector Trail

The 4-1/2 miles of road that was buried by 20,000 tons of
mud is just over the hill from the trail that connects
Mataguay Scout Ranch with the PCT just south of Barrel
Springs. The Mataguay fire of last summer burned everything
off the hills above S-2, so heavy rain really produces mud
flows. All of this leaves me wondering what damage has
occurred to the trail this summer.

BTW, During the fire last summer the CDF cut the trail in
12 places with firebreaks. So far we have spent 8 trail
crew days repairing these breaks and probably will have to
spend another 2-3 to complete the repairs from last years
damage. Wonder how much more time will have to be spent
repairing washouts from this summer's rain.

          Rob

AsABat said:

The SD paper total had a photo of a truck stuck in mud up
its windows on the road between Barrel Spring and Warner
Springs. That road has been closed over a day, with mud
slides up to a quarter mile long. Also, Highway 78 at
Scissors Crossing was FLOODED an hour ago.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs