[pct-l] Trail Gorilla Work near PCT/Kern Plateau

Hi Kmurray,

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 kmurray@pol.net wrote:

> This Sept, we will be doing a tree cutting project on the Inyo national
> Forest, from Big Whitney Meadow to Little Whitney Meadow.  This trail has
> not been maintained in many years,

Now that I found somebody involved in trailwork, I have a question: Why
are trails in the national parks so much better maintained than the trails
in adjacent wildernesses? As it is volunteer work, is there anything
favoring NP's? (You mention free food and equipment transport. Does this
make the difference?)

Ilja.