[pct-l] Missing Ranger Found

Paul

This is an abnormal year because of the heavy snow. Several years ago in  So.
Ca we lost eight in our mountains. The snow as not high but first the snow,
then melt, then freeze and patches, then ice. Bad conbinations. I use my  Leki
all the time. Like Switchback says " Be Prepared"

Lonetrail:

Very  sad.  31 is young.

Are there usually this many casualties on the  trails in a season?  Guys
falling through snow/ice into lakes,  falling off the trail, boyscouts hit by
lightning, etc.  This is the  first year I've subscribed to this list.  Just
curious if all these  reports are typical.

Paul  (toes, 03)