[pct-l] frustrations of the section hiker

Hi from old Europe ;-)

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 dsaufley@sprynet.com wrote:

> Too bad we don't have a system that's more European, where companies
> shut down for the summer and go "on holiday."

Yap - most of them for 2 or 3 weeks, It's very rare, that companies
close for longer times

> For that matter, I'm
> all for taking siestas during the work day too.  Click & Clack from
> Car Talk were supporting a national "slackers" movement last year,
> on the premise that the Europeans' work year essentially would end
> in October if they worked straight through,

Muahaha... maybe if we use saturdays and sundays too... Most of the
europeans have 25 to 30 days off from work for free disposition and, if
everything on the calendar is optimal, we have aroung 5 to 7 holidays
which fall on workdays. so under best conditions you can get 6-6.5 weeks
off work

Maybe with the recognition of european holidays by americans is like the
recognition of the american dishwasher-to-millionaire story by
europeans... nothing but rumours ;-)

Sorry to destroy your illusion.

At last a hug to Matt: Life goes it's own way and not the way we want it
to go...

Greets to all - on trail or on the list
Ulrike
--
* NAMES: Ulrike Schepp                COMMERCIALS: Schepp Softwaredesign
* EMAIL: schepp@dark.lahn.de (priv.)  schepp@schepp-softwaredesign.de