[pct-l] Back injury exercises?

Hi Mike  and All on the list.  Mike, if you don't know about my back pain,
where have you been for the last few years? July 1989 Laminectamy L-4-5 S-1.
January 1990 Fusion L-4-5  S-1!! Every thing I have ever done  brought it
on. It all started with the USMC then 13years with Procter and Gamble in
their warehouse, then 10 years with water Departments and the Barns I have
built and all the work for the eight different homes we have owned over the
years, Oh yes and Horse back riding, not good. I was out of commission for
one and a half years. Yes you do cry like a baby and nothing can be done
about it until the "Percadan" kicks in, 1 every two hours for a week before
I could get into the hospital. I was in the hospital for a week for each of
the surgeries. I thought I would never get out of bed again. Yes you do need
to keep the stomach down and flat and I still am trying to do that with no
success yet. I eat to much. I never thought I would be able to carry a 55lb
pack,(what's ultralite?) I carry muscle relaxers and pain killers while
hiking. There has been times when I thought I was going to have to call for
a chopper to get me out  but I slept the night with the "Drugs" and woke up
to continue hiking. This coming October I will go from the I-15 to Tehachapi
Pass, the longest stretch since the Marine Corps. Its worth every bit of
pain. There are exercises that I am suppose to do but I sure get LAZY but
with every one talking about it maybe this is what I have needed to get the
50lbs off my body so it will be easier to carry the 55lb pack. How do you
lighten the load? But Remember
"Be Prepared"  Ground Pounder Bill  "Semper Fi"            and happy hiking

PS  I can show you my scars at next years Kick Off      LOL
       and sorry this was so long