[pct-l] when to help

We just got back from Tahoe and spent a couple of afternoons sitting in
Barker Pass passing out cold pop to thruhikers. I was more than rewarded by
the singing of two Gaelic folksongs by Zack, (waiting for a trailname) and
some encouragement by Grimsel's (Grindel? , not sure which) boy friend, who
encouraged me to not think of my trip as over, even though I had hurt my
back bad, for the second year in a row.

Seems like a couple of 6 packs of pop brings riches galore. Almost every
hiker I've met has given more than they've gotten. I don't need money, I
need my heart nurtured and in some way they have all left their foot prints
there. (In an LNT kind of way.)

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"
www.goattracksmagazine.com