From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of yogi
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 3:32 PM
To: Ronald Moak; cdt-l@backcountry.net; cdt-l@mailman.backcountry.net;
pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] [cdt-l] FW Missing CDT hiker - Found!!!!!!!!

thank goodness he's okay!!!

Ronald Moak <rmoak@sixmoondesigns.com> wrote:
I hope, unlike my first attempt, this message will make it to both
mailing lists. If it fails to show up on CDT-L in the next half hour,
would someone with better connections to the internet gods please
forward it. Thanks.

Anyway Bill Jennings is safe and sound. He was found by a helicopter
some 6 miles south of Wolf Creek Pass. Even though tired and hungry, he
refused the ride and hiked out the final miles to the pass last night.
>From there he was taken by the Sheriff department to Pagosa Springs.

Apparently he realized early his mistake with re-guard to food
allocation and conserved his food. In addition, snow and sever lighting
storms forced him to make several detours from the normal route adding
to his mileage.

I don't know if he's planning on continuing north to Lake City. If he
does, I hope his pack has more food!

Fallingwater